Labour Disputes
Last Updated On Jul 5 2016 2:45PM
[ Printable Version ]

Indian workers facing harassments or dispute with their sponsor regarding non-payment of wages, leave, etc. can contact the Community Welfare Wing to sort out their problems. The officials of the Community Welfare Wing try to sort their problems through discussions with the sponsor for an amicable settlement. If no agreement or settlement is reached through discussions, the worker concerned is advised to approach the Labour Court where Interpreter’s services are made available by the Embassy, free-of-cost, to enable the worker to pursue his case in the court. At present, this service is available only in Riyadh and not in places outside Riyadh. It is always good for all Indian nationals to keep a copy of their Residence Permit (Iqama) and work contract with them to safeguard their interest.
The new Labour Law which came into force from 23rd April 2006 provides some benefits to expatriate workers. It stipulates that the employer will be liable to pay all expenses of recruitment, residence and work permits, renewals and penalties. Sponsorship fees and transfers will be paid for by the employer. In the event of death, the employer will bear the expenses on transportation of body to the country from which the worker belonged. Other benefits as stipulated in the new law are annual leave which has been increased from 21 days to 30 days after the worker has completed five years of service. He is also eligible for 120 days medical leave or leave without pay instead of 90 days.
Note : Click to access Saudi Labour laws

Online registration of labour disputes: please lodge your complaint at  Important information / document needed to register such complaints: Passport / Iqama Copy, Visa Page Copy, and Sponsor's Name, Address and Mobile No.

The Indian workers may also avail of counselling facility, available in multiple languages, including in Hindi, English, and Malayalam, through the Saudi Government Tollfree Number 19911.