The Embassy of India in Riyadh and Consulate General of India, Jeddah administer the Passport Services for Indian Citizens residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. These Services are facilitated through an outsourced agency, M/s VFS GCC LCC, that receives applications and payment for these services. The services are broadly classified as under:
- Re-issue of Passport against existing passport
- Birth Registration of child born in KSA and Issue of New Passport; and
- Miscellaneous Passport services
With the introduction of Machine Readable Passports (MRP) under ICAO guidelines, endorsements on passports are no longer possible. In all such cases, applicants are required to apply for Reissue of Passport.
GENERAL INFORMATION APPLICABLE TO ALL PASSPORT SERVICES
- All applicants should submit the application in person for identification (including minors and new born babies).
- Only residents holding valid Iqama can submit their applications for reissue of passports.
- In the case of casual visitors, only Emergency Certificate is issued for return to India.
- An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue.
- Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
- It may please be noted that the Passport Issuing Authority can issue passports even for a shorter duration under certain conditions.
- The Passport service asked for should be in the proper prescribed form accompanied with appropriate fees. The application for the service in any other form is not acceptable.
- Applicants are advised to ensure that their application in the prescribed format is complete in all respects; that all columns are correctly and legibly filled up and no column is left blank or unfilled / un-responded or vaguely filled with a dash, tick, etc.
- Please ensure that the applicant fills the surname column and the given name column correctly.
- In the permanent address (in India) column, please ensure that there is complete postal address including the Pin Code legibly.
- In respect of applications for re-issue of passports issued by Passport Issuing Authorities (PIA) in India – Personal Particulars Form (3 copies) is also to be submitted.
- All signatures in the application should be with ballpoint pen of black or blue ink. Those who cannot affix their signatures like infants, minors or illiterate should put their thumb impression in the place of signature.
- The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed column (4.5 x 1.5 cm).
- All applications to be accompanied by self attested photocopy of the passport (first two and last two pages and the page of observation including ECR/ECNR, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority).
- Photographs should be in colour and against white background and should be of the size of 3.5cm X 4cm. The photograph should have a frontal view, with both ears and chin to forehead being visible. Eyes should be open. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural. For detailed information, please click here.
- It is an offence under the Passports Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering.
- The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passports Act.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- A passport expired more than three years ago should be supported by a Sworn Affidavit explaining the circumstances and the reasons for the late renewal. A Sworn Affidavit is to be signed by the applicant in the presence of the Consular Officer.
- Emergency service for issue of passport can be availed of by payment of an additional fee of SR 563/- under the Tatkal Scheme, in addition to the Normal fee (Adult – SR 282/- and minors up to 15 years of age – SR 188/) provided the applicant is eligible for that service.
- Applications from residents falling within the jurisdiction of the Embassy are accepted at Indian Passport and Visa Application Centres within the jurisdiction and those residents within the jurisdiction of CGI, Jeddah are accepted at Centres located in their jurisdiction.
- The delivery of processed documents is to be done preferably to the applicant himself/herself or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing and accompanied by the official receipt given to him/her at the time of submission.
- The scale of fees for renewal and various passport related services and various other passport related services, including all kinds of miscellaneous services on passport, are prescribed by Government of India from time to time. The rate of fee in vogue is given along with the various services.