Visa to visit India - General Information
1. E-Visas :
(i) With effect from 17.06.2019 E-Visa facility has been extended to Saudi nationals also.
(ii) E-Visas are admissible only for the following categories - eTourist Visa, eBusiness Visa, eConference Visa, eMedical Visa and eMedical Attendent Visa.
(iii) Applicants may go to the link https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html and apply in 4 easy steps -
(a) Apply online and Upload photo and passport page,
(b) Pay eVisa fees online using credit / debit card /payment wallet,
(c) Receive Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) online (ETA will be sent to the Email).
(d) Fly to India - Print ETA and present at Immigration Check Post where eVisa will be stamped on Passport.
(iv) Application and payment of fees is required to be made a minimum of 4 days in advance from the date of travel and wait for approval.
2. Regular/Paper Visas : The present system of obtaining regular/Paper visa continues to be available. The Embassy of India, Riyadh has outsourced the visa services (submission of visa applications and delivery of serviced passports) to M/s VFS GCC LLC. The outsourcing of consular services covers areas of Central and Eastern regions falling under the jurisdiction of Embassy of India, Riyadh and areas of Western, Northern and Southern regions falling under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India, Jeddah.
3. Click here for the Visa Application Centres of M/s VFS.
For Regular/Paper Visa Services
1. Those intending to visit India may visit the website at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/indianVisaReg.jsp to fill up the application form online.
2. A print out of the filled in application form duly signed is required to be submitted along with fee, two recent passport size photographs, photocopy of ID card/Iqama, proof of confirmation of hotel accommodation, airlines booking and passport-valid for at least six months beyond the applicable visa period- be submitted at any of the Visa application centre of M/s VFS GCC LLC between 08.30 hrs to 15.00 hrs on all working days. (i.e. Sunday to Thursday).
3. (i) Visas applied at Jeddah and Riyadh will normally be issued on the 3rd working day except in cases which require detailed procedural formalities and clearances.
(ii) Visas applied at other centres may take a little longer.
4. The details of different types of visas alongwith the Visa fees can be accessed here.
5. Capture of Biometrics is mandatory except for the following categories:
(i) Diplomatic and Official passport holders;
(ii) Senior citizens (above 70 years) and minors (below 12 years);
(iii) Those who have given their biometrics previously are exempted for 5 years. This is reflected in the online visa application form as exempted till dd/mm/yyyy.
1. Applicants visiting India are advised to abide by the law of the land and not to misuse status of their respective visa granted by the Mission. Indulgence in any unlawful or undesirable practice will be dealt with strictly.
2. Satellite telephones services are not permitted in India. Under the law, people including tourists found to be making unauthorised use of satellite telephone services will be prosecuted and all the sets found in possession of any individual will be seized.
3. Any person seeking a visa to India for purpose of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand whether the law of that country permits surrogacy and will provide appropriate travel documents to the child for accompanying the surrogate parents. Entering into surrogacy arrangement under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under the Indian law.
4. Foreign Nationals visiting India on a short visit or for tourist purposes are allowed to carry a maximum of Rs. 25000 in Indian currency of any denomination. It is also advised that such currency should be procured from authorized agents with receipt or other authorized sources only as instances of counterfeit currency have come to notice of the authorities. Travellers found in possession of such currencies may face prosecurition as per relevant provisions of the Indian law.
5. For foreigners who do not hold a valid resident permit for Saudi Arabia, a reference will be made to the Indian Mission in their country of residence and would require additional processing time and fee of SR.100 (Saudi Riyals One hundred).
6. For other closed holidays for the Embassy, please check List of Holidays.
7. Validity of the visa
(i) The period of valdity of visa begins from the date of issue of visa.
(ii) The Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning any reason.
(iii) Visa fee is charged regardless of whether visa is issued or not.