Reference your letter No. Kuw/Edu/327/1/2017 dated 14 September 2017 received vide e-mail dated 17.09.2017 on the above subject.
- We had earlier received similar representations from UAE based NRIs. The matter was taken up with Ministry of Health & FW at Secretary-level. In response, Ministry of Health & FW has informed that
- in case of All India Quota seats, NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreigner shall also be eligible depending upon their NEET merit and they shall pay only Government fee on such admission.
- the State Quota seats would be governed by the rules of the respective State/UT Governments since medical education is a concurrent subject.
iii. all admissions to MBBS and BDS courses are done through common counselling in the Directorate General of Health Services, M/o Health and Family Welfare for Deemed Universities and by the State/UT Govts. for private medical colleges in the respective State/UTs.
- The counselling is done through online mode and as per Court orders the fee structure for various quota of seats such as management, NRI, have been pre-notified on the websites of the counselling authorities.
- In case of private medical colleges, the fee payable to the Institution/college shall be deposited by the student with the State/UT counselling authorities who shall forward the Demand Draft to the concerned institutions.
- Regarding fixation of fee in medical colleges, in case of Government medical colleges, the fee is fixed by the respective State/UT Governments. However, in the case of private unaided Medical colleges, the fee structure is decided by the Committee set up by the respective State Government under the Chairmanship of a retired High Court Judge in pursuance of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. It is for the Committee to decide whether the fee proposed by an Institute is justified and fee fixed by the Committee is binding on the Institute. The fee would increase from Government quota seats to management quota to NRI seats in a private medical college. An NRI/OCI student shall pay fee for the quota in which he/she secures an admission and the same applied to an Indian citizen.