Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in collaboration with other Central Ministries, State Governments and Stakeholders, is organizing a “Paryatan Parv” across the country from the 5th to 25th October 2017. The programme is being organized with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of "Tourism for All".
Paryatan Parv will have three main components :
- Dekho Apna Desh : To encourage Indians to visit their own country.
This will include Video, Photograph and Blog Competitions of sites visited during the Event, Stories of India through Travelers’ Eyes, on Social Media, Tourism related Quiz, Essay, Debate and Painting Competitions for Students, Television Campaigns to promote travel to J&K and N.E. States.
- Tourism for All : Tourism Events at thirty sites across States in the country.
The activities at these sites will include illumination in and around the Sites, Cultural Programmes of Dance, Music, Theatre, Story Telling, Sensitisation Programmes for Stakeholders around the Sites, Tourism Exhibitions, Showcasing Culture, Cuisine and Handicrafts / Handlooms, Guided Heritage Walks, etc. These will be “People’s Events” with large scale public participation.
- Tourism & Governance : Interactive Sessions & Workshops with Stakeholders on following themes :
- Skill Development in Tourism Sector
- Innovation in Tourism
- For inducting Ex-servicemen as service providers for Taxi Operation
- Developing Rural Tourism in locations near established Destinations
- Community Sensitisation Workshops on Home stay and B&B Opportunities
For more details, check into http://www.tourism.gov.in/sites/default/files/2577-Folder%20for%20Paryatan%20Parv-Final.pdf